1. The procedure for reviewing articles submitted to the Organization & Management Scientific Quarterly has been based on the recommendations presented in the brochure of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education titled Good Practices for Review Procedures in Research, Warsaw 2011. This paper is used as a guideline for the editorial board, the reviewers and also for those who cooperate with the editors of the Organization & Management Scientific Quarterly, aiming for the highest ethical and moral standards, as well as the reliability of the reviews.
2. All submitted articles which meet the formal requirements outlined in the information for authors section of the Organization & Management Scientific Quarterly website are given an identification number.
3. By decision of the Editor in Chief or Vice Editor in Chief, articles are submitted for review to two affiliated reviewers who are outside the parent unit, that is outside the Silesian University of Technology, according to the double-blind review process, whereby the identity of author(s) and reviewers are not known to one another.
4. Articles (manuscripts) are sent to reviewers by the editorial system. Reviewers have a 3 weeks time period to prepare a review (after they accept the receipt of the manuscript).
5. All reviews should be prepared in English.
6. The reviewer shall issue an opinion about the article and fill the Review Form, which will end with one of the following statements:
a) Accept – the article is submitted to the Editorial Committee and is awaiting publication. The author* is notified of the planned date of publication by e-mail;
b) Minor revision – reviews are sent to the author in order to make corrections in accordance with the comments of reviewer/reviewers. Author(s) have 2 weeks to incorporate the corrections and send the revised article by the editorial system;
c) Major revision – the work requires complementary or additional research – proceed as above;
d) Reject – in this case the Editor in Chief or Vice Editor in Chief disqualifies the article or, if the other review is markedly different, forwards it to another (additional) reviewer.
7. The reviewer shall send a review by using the editorial system of Organization & Management Scientific Quarterly, in an unsecured file in a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or PDF format. The file name should include the article identification number assigned by the editorial system. The review may not include a signature or any data that identifies the reviewer.
8. A necessary condition for forwarding the manuscript to be printed is to obtain two positive reviews. The final decision to print the article is taken by the Editor in Chief or Vice Editor in Chief on the basis of the reviews and comments contained in them, and on the final version of the article provided by the author(s).
9. The names of reviewers of individual publications/issues are not disclosed. In the last issue of each year, and on the Organization & Management Scientific Quarterly’ website, a list of the regular reviewers is shown.
* In the event of multiple authors published, all correspondence is between the editor and the author submitting the manuscript.